Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Vaccine Mandates: Biden & Dems Hypocrites?
(01-21-2022, 11:33 AM)basballguy Wrote: This is wonderful information!  Thanks for sharing.  

However, the fact that you chose to focus on this instead of the real valid point I was attempting to make really saddens me.  I'm not a scientist or a doctor but that doesn't make the point any less valid.  

All i'm saying is for people to be attacked because another science person disagrees with the popular science opinion is obnoxious and there are plenty of examples where "science" has been wrong.  

To be clear, I'm not saying whether vaccines work or not.  I'm saying we shouldn't be shocked people question the "science" after all these years and to stop being condescending pricks to people because they do.  

It's actually very valid to your overall point. The issue is in your post you spread misinformation as a fact, not intentionally which also has a role here. You may have potentially cast doubt for someone else if they ever were faced with a situation they needed to perform CPR because they read it on the internet we don't do rescue breaths anymore. While this seems benign it is what has happened with vaccines, and frankly a lot of things in society. Much of the distrust has been generated by people who spread unsourced, or bad, information which makes the distrust itself unfounded.

Science uses the peer review and the idea that the majority opinion on something after being peer reviewed is the best practice. Science never claims to be perfect but we trust in the idea that enough people review something that it's the best information in this moment. What we have found recently with the "counter science" is people are seeking out "science" that simply agrees with what they want it to be, similar to politics. You will always find someone, no matter the field science included, that is a contrarian who will choose the other side simply because everyone else thinks one way and they want top disrupt conventional beliefs. Allowing those outliers to shape any sort of public health policy is asinine.

I'll kind of finish with this, I know many doctors and nurses because of my family. The common thread of everyone who shows up in the hospital unvaccinated who is on their death bed from COVID is "do whatever you have to in order to save me". They want every experimental, off label, etc treatment there is...no one ever asks about the science behind it. All of these snake oil "cures" that have come up throughout the pandemic, nobody asks about the peer review process or strict testing standards behind those when prefering them to the vaccine. We KNOW right now that the vaccine is the best way to keep people alive today and we will use it now, and if there are consequences for it in the future we will do what we always do and use science to figure out those issues.

Also...Vaccines work that is not debatable. Just wanted to throw that back in here for anyone reading.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vaccine Mandates: Biden & Dems Hypocrites? - Au165 - 01-21-2022, 12:16 PM