Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Vaccine Mandates: Biden & Dems Hypocrites?
(01-23-2022, 04:41 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Pollio vaccine is many years old, this one is brand new, it's like adapting in real time to a life form who adapts itself in real time too.

It might last 40 years to reach a world immunity, nobody knows.

Your point is true, but it really doesn't address mine.  The Polio vaccine is close to 100% effective.  If you get vaccinated, and you're not one of the statistically insignificant people who get the disease from the vaccine (which btw, happened to one of my best friend's father, he got polio from the vaccine), then you are immunized from ever getting polio.  While getting the Covid vaccine is important it has nowhere near the level of efficacy as the polio, and other, vaccines.

(01-23-2022, 04:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: For my part, I still disagree with your position, I just didn't feel like arguing it further. But were you really getting people that riled up?

I honestly don't think you disagree with it as much as you think.  We both agree getting the vaccine is important.  We both agree that it will minimize your symptoms if you are infected post vaccine.  We both agree that being vaccinated means you are far less likely to transmit the virus if you are infected.  All of these things are important.  None of these things detract from my point.  I think you're conflating my, fact based, statements with those who claim the vaccine is worthless or even dangerous.  We can all admit the shortcomings of the vaccine without throwing our lot in with the anti-vax crowd.  That's the type of black and white view of this subject that is significantly fueling the resistance to the vaccine in the first place.  You can acknowledge the vaccine's efficacy at the same time you admit to its shortcomings.  Failure to do so really only gives the other side ammunition.

As to your second part, yes.  It's someone I like, and I don't have an issue with their position.  But their misinterpretation of mine has been disconcerting.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vaccine Mandates: Biden & Dems Hypocrites? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-23-2022, 06:42 PM