Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Donald is a Dirty Player
(01-23-2022, 05:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Vontaze level stuff and nobody says a peep. I never knew this.

I was going to reply to this, until I scrolled down and saw that 6andcounting had already responded with pretty much my thoughts on why some players are heavily scrutinized, while others seem to be able to conduct similar behavior without recourse.

(01-23-2022, 08:32 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The league punishes based on perceptions and protecting images. Donald has enough sponsors to 1. Give him a positive image to fans. 2. Protect him from media criticism since his sponsors advertise on those outlets. 

Harrison had a thug image because how he handled criticism and how he had that toughest man wins complex. Same with Burfict, but to be fair he did enough to legitly earn that image.

There's a reason the NFL won't define punishment standards and fights with the union to hand Goodell the judge, jury and executioner power that no other sports league comminisioner gets.

Well stated.  One thought that I would like to add which adds credence to your last sentence;  If you don't believe what 6andcounting said, just take a hard look at the reduction in the number of head to head and defenseless receiver calls this year, compared to when it was a point of emphasis.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aaron Donald is a Dirty Player - SunsetBengal - 01-23-2022, 09:40 PM