Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Me That My Gut is a Stupid Son of a ...
(01-24-2022, 03:06 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Ever since the first Bengals-Chiefs game, I have felt like , if we kept winning,  this was the inevitable finale in the AFC. I am not surprised we are seeing these bas turds again.  And I don't like the way my gut feels.

I started reading this site religiously several weeks ago after the Bengals gave up one late and lost to future HOF'er Mike White and the Jets. I wanted to vent my frustrations and I was able to do so by reading your posts and realizing that you were as frustrated as I was. I thank you for your words. They were quite cathartic.  While I didn't agree with the Gameday authors  who said that Joe was garbage, the defense was trash, and the whole staff should be fired, I was upset and it was nice to know that there were others feeling the same way.

Well, I need you folks again. Ever since I felt like we were likely to face Patrick and his Chiefs again, this time at Arrowhead, my gut  has told me that we will probably lose and lose big. Sometimes I just hate my gut. My heart, on the other hand, always thinks we have a chance. My heart is so loyal and forgiving. I love my heart. lol

I wanted the Bills to beat the Chiefs so we could avoid Arrowhead. Not that going to Buffalo and winning would be easy but, let's face it, the Bills are not always good. At times, they have been downright rotten. They gave up 17 in the 4th Q at home to Big Ben and the Steelers. They gave up 41 points at home to the Colts, losing by 26.  They scored a grand total of 6 pts in losing to Jacksonville. They lost at home to a less than stellar NE team. Struggled at home for three quarters in the season finale against the hapless Jets.  You saw how overrated that vaunted #1 defense was .  Two games each against the Jets and Miami and games against Jacksonville, Atlanta, Washington, etc... will make your defense seem like a #1.  I felt like we might catch the Bills on one of those days.   But...

The Chiefs it is, dammit. And my gut feeling is not good.  I want you to whisper sweet somethings into my ear and make me feel better about this game. I want you to tell me why my gut is a stupid sumb!tch for making me feel like this is going to be  27 or 30 point loss  and why we are going to the Superbowl for the first time in 33 years.

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom and comfort.

It is always tougher to beat a team a second time....HOWEVER, look at how the Bengals handled pitt and the Ratbirds the second time.

I know they aren't the Chiefs, but the Rats BEAT the Chiefs earlier in the year.  Why?  Because Mahommes was caught up in taking everything down the field and he learned from it.

Look, it won't be easy by any stretch, but all the pressure of being the home favorite is on them.  Mahommes is amazing, as are Kelce, Hill, and a few others, but they are not unbeatable.  We saw Bates, Hilton, and Wilson make huge plays against the Titans.  There were TWO sure INTs that the Bengals dropped at the home game against KC.  The Bengals also made a switch in defense at the half that resulted in the Chiefs scoring 3 points.  

They have a really, really good shot.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell Me That My Gut is a Stupid Son of a ... - SHRacerX - 01-24-2022, 09:19 AM