Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position
(01-24-2022, 01:51 PM)samhain Wrote: We don't blitz that much either.  It was like pulling teeth getting Lou to to blitz until mid season, and it was always in a specific situation.  When Zimmer was here he definitely wanted guys that could cover in man, which is why Newman played til he was 90 and Pacman followed him here.

It might work eventually, but I'd much rather have someone on the staff from Lou's school of thought.  I dislike the idea of switching horses in the middle of a race when one is running pretty well.  

If Zimmer came on board, I'd rather see it as a front office guy in waiting so he could at least have a feel for things before taking the reigns.  

It will be a moot argument anyway, as I don't see Lou going anywhere.

Not this season, but since Lou has been here the Bengals have been a heavier blitz team than Minnesota. Those Bengals you mentioned also played a lot of zone. It is a rare occurrence to find a team that plays more man than zone. They aren't as different as you'd think. Zimmer would be able to step in and pick things right back up. 

I do agree, though. I don't think Lou is going anywhere and we will have some continuity on that side of the ball next season. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - KillerGoose - 01-24-2022, 03:54 PM