Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.57 Average
Joe football iQ on another level
(01-24-2022, 03:35 PM)TheFan Wrote: They did get pressure right up the gut (we got away with a hold) but Burrow does a good job spinning out to his left to get out of the pocket. He's out of the pocket and has plenty of room to toss the ball out of bounds on a play that is very likely not going to get a 1st. Instead he stops and tries going back the other way straight into the dude he rolled out of the pocket to escape. It was a bad play by Burrow but ultimately didn't effect the team. 

Joe Burrow wasn't even considering throwing it away at that point. He had two receivers on that side who had clearly been told to go deep if the play broke down. This was not an accident. The goal of that play call and the way Burrow executed it was to make a big play, not play it safe for the field goal. He spun out and was looking for his receivers downfield. He wasn't even thinking about throwing it away at that point. He was hit for the sack two seconds after he initially spun out, so there wasn't time to throw it away after that second read.

If you think that's a bad play or a bad call, you're probably following the wrong team with the wrong QB. You can always watch Lewis/Dalton replays if you don't enjoy an attacking offense with a play-making quarterback.

I get it. I was way not okay with some of Taylor's fourth down calls around mid-season. But after the Chiefs win I get it. This team is going to attack and win games or go down swinging.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe football iQ on another level - Roland - 01-24-2022, 05:49 PM