Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position
(01-24-2022, 12:32 PM)pally Wrote: It might help if you knew Bengal's history before using it as an argument.  Mike Zimmer wasn't DC when that meltdown happened.  In fact, he wasn't DC for most of Dalton's or Green's careers or Burficts either.  He left the Bengals after the 2012 season. 

I base my opinion on watching his Vikings teams. Despite making the playoffs and even having some success in them, his teams often underperformed.  Under his tenure, the Vikings had more losing or .500 seasons than they did winning seasons.  And the drama surrounding his teams leads to bad play.  Locker room drama, unhappy players, leaked stories, on-field penalties, and bad effort...we don't need that here.  Zimmer's time with the Bengals is in the past.  Let everyone remember his time with fondness.  If Lou leaves bring in someone who will fit in with this coaching staff and these players

Oh yea, dang, I forgot how long ago he left.

Zimmer ain't a drama queen tho and i don't think he causes or allows the type of bs you're saying he does.

He's a talented coach we'd at least have preliminary talks with I would imagine.

Slam dunk hire???  Nope, never said that. I'm just saying message board posters talking as though they have a ***** clue whether Zimmer would be a good fit or not is absurd, becuz it is.  Maybe he wouldn't be a good fit, but nobody posting on here know the answer to that.

What we do know is he is a helluva good DC whos even had success as a HC.  Dudes like him are exactly who you talk to when you have DC position open.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - Savagehenry54 - 01-24-2022, 05:53 PM