Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position
(01-23-2022, 11:04 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Yea, I'm aware that a nickel back has all but replaced a third LB'er on most snaps going back several years now due to the evolution of the rules and how the game is called by the refs.  43 or 34 at this point is a reference to which type of edge rushers a team employs (Lawerence Taylor or Reggie White) and of course whether or not your nose tackle plays a one or a zero tech.

I'm not sure if Zimmer is so married to man coverage that he would insist on it with corners who can't play it.  I kindly doubt it.  Although I know he prefers it.  At any rate, you can determine that in interviews with the guy.

We're hiring from a position of strength.  We've got a ton of young talent in their prime or approaching it.  We're clearly good enough to win it all already.  If we lose Anarumo in the same year that an outstanding defensive coordinator/decent HC who we're already familiar becomes available and just write it off.....nah man.  Zimmer is a solid and deserving candidate that you absolutely consider should it become necessary.

Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - Savagehenry54 - 01-24-2022, 06:45 PM