Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Quentin Spain wants to come back to Cincinnati
(01-24-2022, 11:02 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: We spent how many picks on OL in the last 2 drafts? Players have to play or we just wasted picks. I get that OL need to develop. But why draft players if they need an entire contract to see the field?

We can't keep drafting OL and grabbing FAs at the same position. We have a 30+ pick now, can't be wasteful. Look at the Eagles at WR or DB. You team is not going to win if you waste draft picks year after year
We've spent a 2nd round pick, a 4th round pick and 2 6th round picks on the oline in the last 2 drafts.

The 2nd round pick, Carman, we shouldn't give up on. But we shouldn't gift him the job either. He can't beat our Adeniji, who was a 6th rounder who just gave up 3 sacks. That's not a good sign. You want to let rookies develop, but you can't just assume they'll be great and not even try to improve.

You're falling victim to the sunk cost fallacy. Just because we spent resources on these guys doesn't mean they must play. The picks are gone regardless, so we may as well do everything we can to improve the team.

It's like when we let Whitworth walk because we had Ogbuehi and Fisher. I don't want them to make that same mistake of just assuming young players will work out simply because we spent high picks on them.

I also wouldn't give up on Smith, as he hasn't really been given a shot yet. The 6th round picks aren't anything worth considering when it comes to picks spent since 6th round picks routinely become nothing special, and it is essentially expected that they never start.

Our window opened earlier than we thought. With as much cap space as we have, I want them to go all in. I'd rather they "waste resources" by over addressing the Oline than under addressing it and just praying that guys already on our roster, who have been horrible all year, just suddenly figure it all out all at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quentin Spain wants to come back to Cincinnati - CJD - 01-25-2022, 02:10 AM