Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Quentin Spain wants to come back to Cincinnati
(01-25-2022, 09:49 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Yes, cutting Trae Waynes does get our Cap to about 70 mil. The problem is there are a lot of players we will need to sign as well that will be costly when added up. 
Off Line - Riley Reiff, Quinton Spain & Fred Johnson
Def Line - Larry Ogunjobi, BJ Hill & Josh Tupou
Special Teams - Kevin Huber & Clark Harris
QB - Brandon Harris
Def Backs - Eli Apple, Vernon Hargreaves, Ricardo Allen, Tre Flowers & Jessie Bates
LB - Jordan Evans
TE - CJ Uzomah
WR - Stanley Morgan & Auden Tate

When I project the cost to sign a lot of these guys including a few salary bumps there really is not a lot left to sign a lot of free agents. Even if you get rid of a few of these guys you still need to sign replacements at those positions. Tough decision on how much you pay for OgunJobi and Jessie Bates and a CJ Uzomah. I love to keep everybody but we need to improve the line play with 1-2 Free agent lineman.

I do think we may be able to entice a guy like Andrew Norwell (LG) to come back and play for his hometown team. He is 30 but would get 6-10 mil.  Would also be great to get RG - Brandon Scherff (30) to sign a 5 year 63 mil deal that Spotrac has his market value at. That is about 12.7 million a year. I don't think we will do either of these options. We will sign Bates, Uzomah & Spain and stay the plan with the rookie lineman.

I don't think Tupou, Huber, Harris, Allen, Hargreaves, Allen, Flowers, Evans, Morgan and Tate will cost very much to re-sign. But you're right that we likely will not sign multiple big outside free agents. If we can nab 1 or 2, that'd be a huge win, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quentin Spain wants to come back to Cincinnati - CJD - 01-25-2022, 10:03 AM