Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Quentin Spain wants to come back to Cincinnati
(01-25-2022, 10:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't think Tupou, Huber, Harris, Allen, Hargreaves, Allen, Flowers, Evans, Morgan and Tate will cost very much to re-sign. But you're right that we likely will not sign multiple big outside free agents. If we can nab 1 or 2, that'd be a huge win, in my opinion.

A lot of those guys are in depth/role player spots anyway.  Some of them are exactly the kind of guy that gets replaced in the draft when the roster churns due to normal attrition.  Even if they aren't, you replace them with equally inexpensive veterans if you really have to.  I doubt any of those names are sparking bidding wars from outside teams.

I think if they directed a nice chunk toward a right tackle, it would go a long way.  Going for quantity or replacing 2 or 3 guys on the line at once might diminish the quality of player they can get to a point where they just end up right back where they started.  Get a guy like Moses or Brown for 10 or 12 million and be done with it.  Hope that the RT upgrade can help whoever ends up at RG enough to cover up warts or growing pains for a young player like Carman.  Draft a developmental tackle in the mean time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quentin Spain wants to come back to Cincinnati - samhain - 01-25-2022, 10:16 AM