Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rematch: meeting again in the playoffs
(01-25-2022, 06:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well Geoff Schwartz, Fox Sports NFL Analyst, doesn't give much chance to the Bengals in the rematch:  (Just to get your blood boiling)

"I wrote about rematches recently, focusing on why they do not matter after four weeks. However, this game is within that time frame where it absolutely favors the Chiefs.

"K.C.'s defensive effort was poor at times against the Bengals. The Chiefs blitzed way too much, considering that Chris Jones could not be blocked. The third-and-27 zero pressure is still an unfathomable call. The Chiefs could not stop Ja'Marr Chase when he was singled up. All of these issues can be corrected with better playcalls. Just sit in zone. Give more effort.

"I know I picked the Chiefs to beat the Bengals by multiple scores in Week 17. I was wrong. But I’m back to the well with this one. The Chiefs are far better, they're more talented, and with Mahomes, they’ve lost only two of 10 playoff games.

"Those games were both to Tom Brady. The Bengals do not have Tom Brady. The Bengals' offense can be bottled up with a fierce pass rush and zone coverage. The Chiefs would be stupid to do anything but that.

"I’m taking the Chiefs to win and cover."

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-playoff-picks-forecast-for-afc-nfc-championship-games

So why would it make my blood boil when he is declaring to go 0-2?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rematch: meeting again in the playoffs - Interceptor - 01-25-2022, 06:10 PM