Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting QB stat this postseason
Before the online gambling explosion, I mostly lurked but occasionally posted on a very active local based Steelers board. There was a guy on there that was one of those slimy late night TV infomercial guys "Call me and for $4.99, I will give you 6 picks including my Lock Of The Week". Greased back hair, strong New York accent, fill the air with cliche' after cliche', talking about everything while saying absolutely nothing . . . but he killed it in betting football. He shared many picks with his fellow Steelers fans.

One night, during some drunk posting, he let out some secrets and his biggest determining factor in pulling the trigger on his Lock Of The Week was that week's largest gap in dueling QB's Yards Per Attempt. After he revealed that to the board, that guy was King of the board for about a year because he made a ton of money for those people. It was fun to follow until the idiots couldn't control themselves and got their board shut down because it was connected to a local TV station. Some Yinzer insulted and then threatened a poster that happened to be the 14 year old daughter of a major local sponsor of the station . . . message board gone. That was about 20 years ago and I'm not sure how accurate that YPA stat still is in today's NFL outside of Bengalholic's list, but that is no surprise to me.

Learning from a Steelers fan reminds me of those old seat belt Public Service Announcements "You can learn a lot from a dummy".
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting QB stat this postseason - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 01-26-2022, 06:20 AM