Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Remember this about Adeniji?
(01-25-2022, 05:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think RG is #1 need then C and perhaps RT depending on what Reiff does.

Hopkins is ok against lesser Dlines but struggles a good deal against mid to upper level lines. And C is very important position.

I'm going to agree with your positions of need on the OL, but differ with you on the order of priority.  RG appears to be a huge need right now, because Adeniji just gave up the most sacks and pressures that I may have ever witnessed in a single game, however he was likely the 3rd or 4th choice for the job at the onset of the season.  I'm willing to give Carman the benefit of the doubt that he can mature, develop and grow into the regular starter at RG, going into next season.

In my opinion, the real area of priority is at Center.  As you mentioned, even a fully healthy Trey Hopkins struggles with NTs in pass pro, and he certainly can't move them off the line in short yardage situations.  We need that Center that when we need a full yard, Joe can confidently ride his ass to get that yard.  I don't feel like we're going to find the guy who can do that from day 1 in the draft, it will likely involve drafting and developing that guy for long term and signing a vet for the short term.

RT I am not as concerned about as the other two positions.  I feel like a competent, perhaps even borderline dominant RT can be signed for the short term and the long term guy can be drafted in the middle rounds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember this? - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-25-2022, 01:16 AM
RE: Remember this about Adeniji? - Whacked - 01-25-2022, 08:04 AM
RE: Remember this about Adeniji? - SunsetBengal - 01-26-2022, 10:21 AM
RE: Remember this about Adeniji? - CJD - 01-26-2022, 11:15 AM