Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What was going on the last time the Bengals were in the AFC Championship
(01-26-2022, 04:20 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Or occasionally that the tape had a scratch and the movie got warbly at points.  

It's funny to hear so many people on social media talk with deep nostalgia about renting movies.  It was fun at the time, yes, but I don't miss having to go through those steps.  Even Netflix, when it was DVDs, was so cool at first.  Access to this huge catalog and didn't even have to go further than the mailbox.  But you had to decide in advance what you were going to feel like watching.  I'm spoiled by the on-demand/streaming world now! 

Back in '89, gas was under $1/gallon, stamps cost $.25 (I can't actually remember the last time I had to buy stamps, honestly), and the Berlin Wall was still standing (until late that year). 

Yeah, there was something about hitting the Blockbuster on a Friday night.  The place was hopping, and people buzzing about movies and what snacks to buy.  I'd always go after work on Friday because my office building was just a few miles from one but there was no store in the little town where we lived.  Granted, knowing I would have to drive the tape back later was a downer, but it all seems so innocent now.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was going on the last time the Bengals were in the AFC Championship - Awful Llama - 01-26-2022, 04:28 PM