Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What was going on the last time the Bengals were in the AFC Championship
(01-26-2022, 04:20 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Or occasionally that the tape had a scratch and the movie got warbly at points.  

It's funny to hear so many people on social media talk with deep nostalgia about renting movies.  It was fun at the time, yes, but I don't miss having to go through those steps.  Even Netflix, when it was DVDs, was so cool at first.  Access to this huge catalog and didn't even have to go further than the mailbox.  But you had to decide in advance what you were going to feel like watching.  I'm spoiled by the on-demand/streaming world now! 

Back in '89, gas was under $1/gallon, stamps cost $.25 (I can't actually remember the last time I had to buy stamps, honestly), and the Berlin Wall was still standing (until late that year). 

In the very early days of movie rentals if you didn't have a VCR (we didn't at first) you had to rent one, take it home and hook it up, and then take it back the next day. What a pain in the ass that was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was going on the last time the Bengals were in the AFC Championship - BengalRed - 01-26-2022, 04:53 PM