Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What was going on the last time the Bengals were in the AFC Championship
(01-26-2022, 06:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Easier, yes. Better? Debatable.

I think there's something to be said for the simple way we used to live. We appreciated things more...often because we had to work harder for it. Communicating was more personal, as phone calls and hand written letters were the only option other than face to face.

I think people are so afraid to be "that guy" guilty of the mortal sin of nostalgia that we don't realize that maybe it's not nostalgia. Maybe things really were better without smart phones, social media and constant distractions.

Maybe the adventure of going out to Blockbuster was better than sitting on your arse scrolling through Netflix.

I do agree that people were more engaged back then. I was a little too young in the 90's to intelligently comment there, but I was plenty old enough in the early 2000s to remember what it was like. My parents had friends over more, I hung out with friends more. I wasn't always on the internet and I wasn't always on my phone even though I had one. I was always doing something. I still am, but it tends to be on my phone and computer, not out doing something. 

For me, it probably is nostalgia because I was a kid and people tend to be nostalgic about the carefree nature of childhood. However, I have met plenty of people who believe it was a better time that were not kids at the time. Maybe it was.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was going on the last time the Bengals were in the AFC Championship - KillerGoose - 01-26-2022, 07:00 PM