Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Les Miles said Ja'Marr couldn't play WR
(01-26-2022, 06:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I imagine it is much easier to recruit top talent when they can show the high school prospects how many of their players got drafted into the NFL.  I bet there is a lot of behind the scenes talk like, "Commit to [university name here] and I'll do everything I can to make sure you go pro like I did for [insert names here]."

Oh, I'm sure it's a selling point for some coaches.  But I'm also sure there are plenty of programs that can get kids based on other reasons.  I'd also imagine there are coaches that think they've hacked something special in college and maybe it'll catch on in the pros.  Remember Oregon not that many years ago with their spread offense?  It did a hell of a job hyping up the team and Kelly but wasn't 1-for-1 transferrable to the pro game.  Still, I doubt he had issues recruiting to a team with that much buzz, winning big seasons and their crazy uniform deal.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Les Miles said Ja'Marr couldn't play WR - MileHighGrowler - 01-26-2022, 07:49 PM