Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compromised OL Off season plan
(01-24-2022, 11:42 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We have the cap money. We need to sign 2 vet starters for the OL. Scherff should be priority #1 1 for both our passing and running game. Then, develop the young guys we have now and add a couple in the draft in rounds 3 and 4. That would give us the ability to go defense with pick #1 and #2 in the draft. Our defense has improved, but we need more talent on the DL to help Trey and Hubbard. and Reader.

I would also sign Hill, he has been a great addition.

Good post. 

In terms of tackles, I just do not see us paying LT money for a FA. I don't think they are gonna give up on Jonah yet as a LT. He was certainly above average this year, and finally did not have a dumpster next to him.  

I think Moses is the correct choice if we are gonna sign a FA RT. But I am not sure any of the FAs are that much better than a still adequate, but declining Reiff. And I do see us spending $15-$20 mil on a RT.  Brown is a pro-bowler, but left Baltimore because he wanted to play LT. The others are good  not great  and mostly LTs. 

This is a pretty decent OT class. Neal and Ekwongu top it, along with Cross. But there is some late first/second round depth.  Some teams will see Green as an OT instead of OG. Penning goes late first in most mocks I see. And I have even seen Faalele, Raimann, and the kid from Kentucky (Kinnard) in a couple late firsts. Overall I see 10-11 guys with round 2 or better grades who can play OT. 

I think if we can ink Reiff for reasonable, we go into the draft focused on RT in Rd 1-2. Even if we whiff, we'd still have someone who is adequate. 

I'd try yo make the bigger FA splash inside. The draft is thinner beyond Linderbaum, Green, and Zion Johnson (Rd 2). Scherff is probably too rich for our blood.  I really like Daniels from Chicago. I fear we will trust Pollack to fix Carman/Adeniji and we do nothing. I'd re-sign Spain.  

I'd make a run at all three of those centers. If Brady retires, Jensen could move on from Tampa. For $8-10 mil we should be able to significantly upgrade over Hopkins, and release him to offset $6 mil+ of that cost. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Compromised OL Off season plan - phil413 - 12-31-2021, 12:14 PM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - Au165 - 01-12-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-26-2022, 08:25 PM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - J24 - 02-16-2022, 01:17 AM