Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Les Miles said Ja'Marr couldn't play WR
(01-26-2022, 02:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Kinda like Urban Meyer not believing in Joe Burrow as QB1…

Being in Cbus and listening to the local sports talk im privy to a reporter, Dave Biddle, he's a good one and he was on the radio the other day saying how Urban's face would be visibly pained by the question "who's got the edge for starting QB coming outta this spring?"....he couldn't call it, they were neck and neck.

Burrow didn't have enough eligibility to wait, he had to transfer cuz Urban told him Haskins had the edge going into fall camp.  I think Burrow had a minor hand surgery too at the time that played a role in Urban telling Burrow something he probably knew would lead to Burrow transferring. And as luck would have it, Nebraska quite stupidly weren't interested cuz they thought Adrian Martinez was that dude...boy were they wrong!!

I feel like Burrow was gonna find his way regardless, even coming outta Nebraska, in fact, he might/prolly would have changed their whole narrative had they been smart enough to do it.

But how fortunate for him and all of us honestly, that he ended up with Jefferson and Chase at LSU...cuz that 2019 season those boys put together was one for the ages as they used to say.  Something that historic was not happening at Nebraska.  They may not have beat OSU but they would have beat just about everyone else in the big 10 in 18 and 19 just from him being there I think.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Les Miles said Ja'Marr couldn't play WR - Savagehenry54 - 01-27-2022, 04:54 AM