Poll: Where do you see the Bengals as of now?
No Worries. We're Super Bowl bound
Playoff contender, but not quite sure about Super Bowl
We'll win a playoff game
We'll make the playoffs but go 1 and done again..
Playoffs? Don't talk about Playoffs! I hope we can just win another game!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the Bengals end of week 11?
(11-23-2015, 10:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Houston game was ugly, but this game was just a hard fought battle.

If teams were meant to win every game in a season, there would be more than 1 undefeated team in the history of the NFL.

This game did not match the narrative of the Bengals that so many people are spouting; that they are primetime chokers or that they are only good against bad teams.

We traveled to a really good team (they really should be undefeated) on a short week and we were one pylon away from winning.

They didn't play perfect nor did they look great the entire game. The 3rd quarter has been an issue for this team seemingly all season and it can be frustrating watching them throw away a half time lead so quickly, but they fought back and were able to tie it, even though we faltered in the following drive.

I know people aren't really interested in hearing this, but a competitive loss is better than a blowout. And no one has blown the Bengals out this season.

We have two losses by a total of 7 points. We'll come back next week and beat the Rams, get to 9-2 and the Steelers will likely fall to 6-5 versus the Seahawks.

I know it is frustrating to fall 2 games in a row, but just remember that we built up an 8-0 start. That start has given us a lot of leeway exactly for this type of situation.

If, in September, you told me we'd be 8-2 and undefeated in the division after week 10, I would be ecstatic.

Why, all of a sudden, is that a bad record?

^This

I wonder how many people would be so concerned about us losing 1 or 2 games at this point if there weren't two undefeated teams in the league. I don't know, have there ever been two 10-0 teams in the same season?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: State of the Bengals end of week 11? - Bengalzona - 11-23-2015, 01:41 PM