Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What last night's loss reminded me of...
(11-23-2015, 02:38 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Maybe you should try to read what I said - I know it is lengthy but you should still at least try.

I have no problem what so ever for going for the win.

I have a problem with ignoring situational football.

That play had so little chance of success due to the variables at play.  The throw itself, the catch, the defenses and the refs (even if ruled a TD, the replay could have overturned it).  That at this situation - we kill the clock.  A run would have upped our chances of winning the game.

If we don't convert we run 40 seconds off the clock, then kick the FG.  Sure there is a chance we miss the FG but we could have still missed the FG if we throw and don't connect.

If we do convert, we then have 2 more chances to throw the ball and get the TD to win the game.  If unsuccessful, then you run the ball on 3rd down to start the clock and kick the FG on 4th down, with considerably much less time.

You also might not get AJ one on one again. 
Peterson might come back in.
Gio might fumble.
Gio might not get the first. 

When the best chance to score presents itself, you take it. AJ one on one is that chance. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What last night's loss reminded me of... - RoyleRedlegs - 11-23-2015, 02:41 PM