Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Championship - Road to SB team ratings
NFL Championship weekend is here. Been a long week waiting for the weekend to get here. I read an article on NFL.com discussing unit rankings per remaining 4 teams by Bucky Brooks (don't know if he's legit or an idiot) and found it interesting. He rated per offense, defense and special teams. Ranking are as follows:

Bengals: Offense 3, Defense 3, ST 3 = 9
KC:        Offense 1, Defense 4, ST 2 = 7
LA:        Offense 2, Defense 2, ST 1 = 5
SF:        Offense 4, Defense 1, ST 4 = 9

So, thinking as a well rounded team, Bengals and 49ers are tied for 3rd, while KC comes in 2nd and LA 1st. BUT.... I have to disagree on the offense ranking of #3 for Cincinnati. Yes, our OL giving up 9 sacks last week probably influenced the ranking here, but their not going to do that again, specially against a #4 ranked D. Also, the strength of our weapons are being overshadowed by the weakness of the OL. In fact, I think we should be ranked #1 in offense.

Looking at LA and seeing a few games this year, I don't quite see the respect, nor do I SF. Jimmy G implodes under pressure, which we can bring and he's overall weak. Their D is pretty stout, but had a few fumbles during our matchup not happened, I think we beat them. Which leaves us KC.

I think we face KC like we did the first time. Yes, they will double team Chase, but they tried that last time but were able to draw CB's in and create the 1 on 1. I think the Chiefs secondary is weak and hopefully we attack it. But here's the thing I'm most sure of at this point. Watching Burrow during these last 4-5 weeks, he's changed. He's focused and dialed in. He's been playing playoff football weeks before the playoffs started and we are seeing the results of a focused Burrow. Plus, he's facing a D he's seen before and unless they changed the whole look, he will read it. 

I posted the article below and welcome your thoughts. Oh, by the way, all I did was take the ratings, add them up and divide by 3. I did not give any heavier weight to one category or the other.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-championship-sunday-unit-rankings-who-has-the-best-offense-defense-special-t

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
NFL Championship - Road to SB team ratings - HarleyDog - 01-28-2022, 09:01 PM