Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone likes to complain out being underrated
(01-28-2022, 08:45 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The Aikman comment wasn't what I was referring to as backhanded.  That was just a compliment to my mind, and it was fine.  It was actually Kay I believe who said that IF Burrow wins this weekend in KC (beating Mahomes twice) and IF he wins a SB, THEN he can be considered right there behind Mahomes.  Which I just thought was funny.  I like Kay and the group they usually have on that show, so it's not a diss on any of them.  Just funny that if this guy comes into his second season, first season was injured, and if he takes the team to a SB win, and beats other QBs in the process considered to be in the elite tier, that he's still "behind" them in any conversation.  

Dude's got plenty to still prove as young as he in the league.  I just think the benchmarking people throw out is humorous and how no one wants to change their rankings up.  I get it, he doesn't have the body of work yet, it's just funny to me how it gets presented.

Because you can't compare 1 year to multiple years of sustained success? Okay so JB makes the superbowl this year. He's possibly even in wins with Mahomes, behind in appearances, behind in MVPs, behind in AFC championship games, behind in basically every category that exists.

I love JB and hope he accomplishes what Mahommes has but 1 year doesn't automatically put you there just like if Matt Ryan or Jared Goff beat Brady it wouldn't put them over or equal to him. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Everyone likes to complain out being underrated - TheFan - 01-28-2022, 09:59 PM