Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Biden Calls Reporter A "Stupid SOB"
(01-28-2022, 09:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Whether you agree or disagree with their politics, the Democrats have a very clear direction. They want to lower the burden of student debt (many want to cancel it entirely) and the cost of higher education, they want to decrease medical expenses (both pharmaceutical drugs and hospital care), they want to increase the social safety net and they want to spend a lot of money on infrastructure, a fair portion of it being towards curbing the causes of global warming and environmental change (electric cars, green energy etc etc).

The Republicans, on the other hand, I couldn't really tell you what their direction is. They have very nebulous buzz phrases like "bring back jobs" and "defeat Communist China" but they had control of the Senate and the Presidency and, for a time, the house when Trump was president and they basically didn't do anything (policy wise) other than a huge corporate tax cut. Is that their direction? They did ALMOST take away millions of people's health insurance, but one of the very few principled Republicans left in the world, John McCain, miraculously killed it. Then he died.

Overall, they feel very much like empty rhetoric and fear mongering with no policy proposals behind them.

The Democrat's major problem is they are wildly incompetent and there is a major split between progressives and moderates such that they can't get out of their own way to accomplish their very clear directions/policies that they keep promising us they believe in. You saw it with the Build Back Better plan or whatever it was called. All they had to do was use their voting numbers to pass it, but they had two revolters in their ranks that screeched the plan to a halt. What was a miracle for the Republicans (McCain sabotaging Trump's goal to take away healthcare) is basically commonplace for the Democrats.

I can give you three GOP positions off the top of my head that I vastly prefer over the Dem's version.  The first two, unsurprisingly, have to do with actually upholding the law.  One, start actually prosecuting criminals for their actions and impose punitive consequences; two, actually enforce immigration laws as written; and three, give us back our energy independence by removing restriction on fracking and other drilling imposed by Biden that directly led to much higher gas prices.

While I would agree with you that the GOP's platform is more anti-Dem than vice versa, to say they have no platform at all is disingenuous. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Calls Reporter A "Stupid SOB" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-29-2022, 01:01 PM