Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What last night's loss reminded me of...
(11-23-2015, 03:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Disagree. The fact a bad throw almost was a TD, proves that even a slightly better throw probably wins the game.

I think it puts the pressure on our wounded defense, not on the Cardinals offense...

In OT the favor goes to the home team. If we score a TD the entire pressure goes on Arizona to score. We can give up chunk plays, just dont let them out of bounds. 
In OT, it would be on our defense to force a stop or 3 and out. We'd have to play a more "normal" defense with Chris Lewis-Harris and Josh Shaw at CB. 
Do you think that ends well? 

I disagree.  A TD would have won the game for us, but the Cardinals were able to get into scoring range in a hurry, sure they only needed a FG, but they had a lot of time left that they even took a knee to kill the clock themselves.  They could have scored a TD and still beaten us, even if Green scored there.

OT- The coin toss is important here.  However, either way, our defense only had to prevent a TD, and as we both agree, it is easier to defend against a TD than a FG.  If we go into OT and win the Coin toss, then we improve our chances by only needing to score a FG - prevent TD - FG again to win.  If we lose the coin toss, then we probably lose the game - they score a FG, we either go for the TD win, or hope that our defense can get the stop, which we both agree is unlikely.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What last night's loss reminded me of... - Sovereign Nation - 11-23-2015, 03:48 PM