Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What was going on the last time the Bengals were in the AFC Championship
My thoughts about the AFCCG and all the "then" and "now" stories:

For the Freezer Bowl and Super Bowl 16, I was 23, roughly the same age as Cris Collinsworth, who'd had a great season but a big fumble near the end zone in the SB. Yes, things were way cheaper back then but everything is relative. The minimum wage was $3.35 and high-paying jobs were very hard to come by unless you were in systems analysis or something, which for me and my friends back then seemed science-fiction-y.

For the 1988 season and '89 Super Bowl, I had just turned 30. I was in the dance business back then and still trying to find my niche in life. Career books would say to focus on what you're really interested in and what comes naturally easy to you and that the job you'd be good at may not even be invented yet.

Fast-forward to today, and anyone can quickly do the math and figure I'm technically a senior citizen, but my life is much better today. By the 2010s, I started work as an at-home electronic scribe, which turned out to be the perfect job for me. Looking ahead 30 to 40 years, who knows? Maybe there will be sound wave technology to kill viruses, delivery drones, and clear screen computers like in Minority Report, but we will all still probably be watching football!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was going on the last time the Bengals were in the AFC Championship - WiregrassBenGal - 01-30-2022, 08:40 AM