Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What was going on the last time the Bengals were in the AFC Championship
(01-26-2022, 04:20 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Or occasionally that the tape had a scratch and the movie got warbly at points.  

It's funny to hear so many people on social media talk with deep nostalgia about renting movies.  It was fun at the time, yes, but I don't miss having to go through those steps.  Even Netflix, when it was DVDs, was so cool at first.  Access to this huge catalog and didn't even have to go further than the mailbox.  But you had to decide in advance what you were going to feel like watching.  I'm spoiled by the on-demand/streaming world now! 

Back in '89, gas was under $1/gallon, stamps cost $.25 (I can't actually remember the last time I had to buy stamps, honestly), and the Berlin Wall was still standing (until late that year). 

Honestly just the fact that it was basically every movie ever really makes me miss it. They had everything. As nice as streaming is, now I have to go to like 4 different streaming sites to see which ones have which movies and which shows. 
Plus I normally just scroll through the lists over and over looking for something without actually watching anything.   Hilarious

You made the huge queue of movies you like/wanted to see, got 3 movies you chose in the mail, and you are going to watch them because the alternative is just mailing them right back which would be silly. So yeah, I actually kind of miss mail Netflix.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was going on the last time the Bengals were in the AFC Championship - TheLeonardLeap - 01-30-2022, 08:47 AM