Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What last night's loss reminded me of...
(11-23-2015, 03:48 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I disagree.  A TD would have won the game for us, but the Cardinals were able to get into scoring range in a hurry, sure they only needed a FG, but they had a lot of time left that they even took a knee to kill the clock themselves.  They could have scored a TD and still beaten us, even if Green scored there.

OT- The coin toss is important here.  However, either way, our defense only had to prevent a TD, and as we both agree, it is easier to defend against a TD than a FG.  If we go into OT and win the Coin toss, then we improve our chances by only needing to score a FG - prevent TD - FG again to win.  If we lose the coin toss, then we probably lose the game - they score a FG, we either go for the TD win, or hope that our defense can get the stop, which we both agree is unlikely.

You play a lot different when you have to stop a TD as to a FG. 
A FG is roughly half as far. TD is the whole length. It shifts who the pressure is on. 

That's huge.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What last night's loss reminded me of... - RoyleRedlegs - 11-23-2015, 05:10 PM