Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's That Time Again... Cincy Trip!
(11-23-2015, 09:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thanks, xxlt! Don't you guys have a Mexican joint too?

That's a "three way," I think its called.

There are 2 main chili companies in the GCA: Gold Star and Skyline.

Gold Star is the more traditional, Ted-Mex Chili. If you have the chili over noodles/spaghetti (not sure which it is and yes, there IS a difference), with cheese, its a three-way, as there are three layers of food (cheese on top of chili, on top of Spaghetti).

Skyline is special: its Mediterranean chili, which is more like a savoury/spiced brown soup, with meat in it: it tastes absolutely AMAZING. The same rules for three-way, etc, apply here.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the "way" description.

Gold Star offers a tex-mex i believe but its normal is also just like skylines.

the 3 way is the Noodles Meat Sauce( chili) and Cheese

4s add beans or onions and 5s add both

I believe Skyline uses a little cinnamon and goldstar uses brown sugar but i could have that backwards.

As far as eating while your here. If you dont have one near where you live and want a good beer check out the hofbrauhaus. Its across the river in newport (night across the street from Newport on the Levi if you need a landmark)

Its a traditional german beer hall(modeled after the one in munich germany) but man is their food good. and the beer is great.

http://www.hofbrauhausnewport.com/menu/

I wish i could give you a recommedation on a Mexican restraunt but outside of Alcapoco's here in Lebanon and El Rancho Grande elsewhere i dont know of many.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's That Time Again... Cincy Trip! - XenoMorph - 11-23-2015, 06:40 PM