Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope our Fanbase doesn't change because of this...
(01-31-2022, 10:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What are you talking about?. Our fan base is famous for crying about the refs robbing us and everyone in the media being against us.

Literally, every fan base has gripes about refs. If that's all this was, I'd let it pass. But the level of disrespect and cockiness that the fans of the Chiefs exhibited all week was awful. They considered the game against Buffalo the "Real AFC Championship game."

During the NFL subreddit game thread, there were Chiefs fans saying things like "The Bengals don't deserve to play in this game against us." or "This is the most embarrassing championship game match up I've ever seen" (ironically, that guy was correct, but for the wrong reason). 

They have this level of self entitlement. That they deserve the Super Bowl. That other teams shouldn't dare play against them.

And then, yes, they also complain about the refs. That's kind of just the cherry on top of their toxicity.

I saw a tweet, that has since been deleted, from a KC local news source that read "We were never supposed to be here. They counted us out. They put us down. But this team battled back. We did it once and we'll do it again. Thank you for an incredible ride this year."

...They were never supposed to be here? They were the super bowl favorites in the pre-season! Ranked in the top 10 in the power rankings by many outlets even when they were 3-4. EVERYONE knew they were going to get right and make the playoffs and, probably, win the Super Bowl even when they were struggling. Literally, no one counted them out. No one put them down.

This level of victimhood mentality while being the favorite in, basically, every game they played all year is pathetic. And I'm just saying I don't want our fanbase to become as bad as theirs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I hope our Fanbase doesn't change because of this... - CJD - 01-31-2022, 11:21 AM