Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Biden Calls Reporter A "Stupid SOB"
(01-29-2022, 01:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The first two aren't really policies. At least not new policies. They are both inherently anti-dem statements because they imply that the democrats are violating the laws. It comes down to the details, but I don't think democratic prosecutors choosing not to pursue misdemeanors (if this isn't what you're referring to, you can elaborate) is defying the laws as written. Nor do I think accepting asylum seekers who are fleeing conflict that America had a large part in creating is defying the law either (again, if you're referring to something else, elaborate).

I'm forced to disagree, actually following the law is absolutely a policy when the other side is choosing to do the opposite.  It's not even remotely confined to "not pursuing misdemeanors", it's deliberately mischarging people for extremely serious felonies.  I could give you a ten page list of the examples of this I've seen since Gascon took over and I would be scratching the surface.  We had a case in which a juvenile committed ten armed robberies, with a loaded handgun, over a single weekend.  Gascon charged him with ten counts of attempted robbery, despite all of them being "successful" and no hand gun enhancement.  The difference in seriousness between "attempted" and the actual charge is immense.  Or I could tell you about the multiple carjacker, using a firearm, who got a grant of probation, zero confinement time.

Accepting asylum seekers is a policy, but the majority of illegal immigrants are economic migrants, so your point doesn't withstand scrutiny.

Quote:The third is at least a policy, so I'll give you that one, although I question whether Biden changes had as much of an impact on gas prices as you think, rather than the increase in demand as people return to work and the continued supply chain issues associated with the pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Depends on who you ask and their political affiliation.  Hell, it could be the oil companies taking advantage of an excuse to raise prices.  But we have a pretty noticeable cause and effect relationship here.  Occam's razor certainly gives us an obvious answer.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Calls Reporter A "Stupid SOB" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-31-2022, 01:23 PM