Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy, SUPER BOWL LVI: Rams
(01-31-2022, 02:15 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The Rams moved back to LA the year I left SoCal and moved to Denver.  Their fans were so excited about the return.  Many of them still had old gear from the team, and it was really cool to see the team returning.  In general, SoCal sports fans don't care spectacularly about their teams because there's so much to do there year-round people get distracted and sports are just a "thing to do to mix it up" rather than the obsession we see in other parts of the country.  But there are certainly still die-hards.  In general, I liked Rams fans (and Bolts fans, Angel fans, Ducks fans, etc).  Laker fans are annoying and there are some Dodger fans that are as well, but I didn't feel that way about the Rams.  In fact, I was ready/open to adopting the Rams as a my second team before I moved because I liked the nostalgia aspect.  

I would definitely expect that the casual Rams fan has no clue about the Bengals.  Different conference, across the country, not a team name thrown around constantly on most mass media.  If you're a casual fan in SoCal, it just doesn't matter to look that deeply at other teams.  In most sports there, I don't see fans caring about much outside their division.

Makes sense. I'm pretty sure they were outnumbered in their own stadium yesterday for the AFCCG.  And they have like 20 million people to draw from.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy, SUPER BOWL LVI: Rams - michaelsean - 01-31-2022, 03:04 PM