Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy, SUPER BOWL LVI: Rams
(01-31-2022, 02:22 PM)grampahol Wrote: I lived out there for about a year back in the dark ages when I was under 25.. I can't tell you how many Californians truly believe that quite literally everything good was invented in Los Angeles. Being from Dayton I was always quite pleased to be able to inform them about the Wright Brothers from Dayton, Ohio, Charles Kettering, etc, etc...When I told em the flip top can as well as the modest step ladder were invented in Dayton they about blew a gasket and accused me of just making it all up..  Hilarious

Everyone I've met from Cali is like that. I'm sure a ton of good people live there, so nothing against them.

(01-31-2022, 02:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Stats schmats

Rams have a better defense than KC. Period.

And they have a very competent offense with weapons and a good o-line

If the chiefs won the afc, I’d have the rams beating them

LA is kind of a super team. Gonna have to force Stafford into throwing multiple interceptions

On paper I agree with you about their defense. They have 50 sacks. Donald, Ramsey and Von Miller. That said, they haven't played many elite QBs, and when they have, here's how they've fared:

vs Brady: 432 yards - 1 TD - 103.0 rtg - 3 sacks - 24 points
vs Murray: 268 yards - 2 TD - 120.3 rtg - 3 sacks - 37 points
@ Rodgers: 307 yards - 2 TD - 97.2 rtg - 1 sack - 36 points
@ Murray: 383 yards - 0 TD - 72.1 rtg - 4 sacks - 23 points
vs Murray: 137 yards - 0 TD - 40.9 rtg - 2 sacks - 11 points (playoffs)
vs Brady: 329 yards - 1 TD - 72.2 rtg - 3 sacks - 27 points (playoffs)

Their success seemed to improve each time they got another crack. That said, the opponent scored at least 23 points in each game, with the exception of the fading Cardinals.

They picked off Murray twice in each of the last 2 matches, but only had one pick in all these other games.

I'd say that outside of pressure, their defense is overrated and pretty vulnerable. That's the big question though. Can we keep Burrow upright against these guys?

On offense, they're great, but Stafford led the league in INTs with 17 and threw another yesterday. Our defense has forced 6 INTs (at least 1 against everyone) in the playoffs, with 8 sacks. We need that to continue.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy, SUPER BOWL LVI: Rams - Shake n Blake - 01-31-2022, 03:17 PM