Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy, SUPER BOWL LVI: Rams
(01-31-2022, 03:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Everyone I've met from Cali is like that. I'm sure a ton of good people live there, so nothing against them.

On paper I agree with you about their defense. They have 50 sacks. Donald, Ramsey and Von Miller. That said, they haven't played many elite QBs, and when they have, here's how they've fared:

vs Brady: 432 yards - 1 TD - 103.0 rtg - 3 sacks - 24 points
vs Murray: 268 yards - 2 TD - 120.3 rtg - 3 sacks - 37 points
@ Rodgers: 307 yards - 2 TD - 97.2 rtg - 1 sack - 36 points
@ Murray: 383 yards - 0 TD - 72.1 rtg - 4 sacks - 23 points
vs Murray: 137 yards - 0 TD - 40.9 rtg - 2 sacks - 11 points (playoffs)
vs Brady: 329 yards - 1 TD - 72.2 rtg - 3 sacks - 27 points (playoffs)

Their success seemed to improve each time they got another crack. That said, the opponent scored at least 23 points in each game, with the exception of the fading Cardinals.

They picked off Murray twice in each of the last 2 matches, but only had one pick in all these other games.

I'd say that outside of pressure, their defense is overrated and pretty vulnerable. That's the big question though. Can we keep Burrow upright against these guys?

On offense, they're great, but Stafford led the league in INTs with 17 and threw another yesterday. Our defense has forced 6 INTs (at least 1 against everyone) in the playoffs, with 8 sacks. We need that to continue.

Cannot go as many empty sets against the Rams, Donald will bully Hopkins into Burrow all game long.

Have to have Mixon, Perine or Evans chipping the man. Aaron Donald needs to be the focus in our protection.

They are a formidable Defense but they aren't unbeatable, just need to give Burrow SOME time.

Also need to have a lot of quick pass plays on hand to get the ball out quickly. Donald is so damn quick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy, SUPER BOWL LVI: Rams - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-31-2022, 03:23 PM