Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope our Fanbase doesn't change because of this...
(01-31-2022, 12:40 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Is Denny still employed with the organization? He was so upbeat but no one would drink the Kool aid because every week seemed to be a letdown.

FWIW, other than Bengals Moderator, none of the moderators on the original boards were actually employed by the team. Just volunteers that did get some perks every now & then. That ended in 2015. He definitely played that homer role to excess. I know it rubbed some the wrong way, but I always admired the positive fans. I've felt that was just a healthier lifestyle in general as opposed to my own realist approach that swayed between jaded angst & cautious optimism.

As for the fan base as a whole, I've long said that there is little difference among fan bases. It's their experiences that differentiate them. We are finally getting to experience so many others have in recent years. That will only magnify existing personalities. There will be some insufferable fools, but I've seen enough from Bengals fans over the years and especially this year to convince me that a large percentage are just genuinely great people. We just need to focus on them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I hope our Fanbase doesn't change because of this... - 34inXXIII - 01-31-2022, 03:31 PM