Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Live in the moment and enjoy this run because it will never be as sweet as this one
(01-31-2022, 05:53 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: There are some people so old here they probably remember '81 and '88 like it was yesterday.

Remember about 1 percent of '81 and '88, if that. Just some individual plays. You know, like Tim Krumrie getting hurt and Billups dropped ball and Montana touchdown pass and Stanley Wilson's cocaine high! I didn't have a means then to replay the game over and over, nor was there a message board to discuss plays. 

And I'll say this: this is by far the most enjoyable season in my fifty years as a fan. By far. From the controversial draft pick, to the prognostications that Chase can't catch a ball, to Burrow going to be a shell of himself after the injury, to Herbert being better than Burrow, to -- well, you know it all. Overcoming all those obstacles, with a team of high-character players that are just a delight to root for, to three edge-of-one's seat playoff victories.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Live in the moment and enjoy this run because it will never be as sweet as this one - Nepa - 01-31-2022, 09:22 PM