Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP cares more about NRA than closing 'terrorist loophole'
(11-24-2015, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The terror watch list is not just based on distant connections to terrorism.  There is often evidence that they are working with or supporting terrorists.  The information is just confidential for national security reasons.  Just look at all the terror threats we have thwarted because we had good evidence about who was involved and who to keep an eye on.  Remember all the flack about how we did not watch the Boston Marathon bombers even though there was some evidence that were connected to terror activity?  These people are out there, there may not be enough evidence to go arrest them, but that does not mean that they should not be under extra scrutiny.

Plus I would never have left my child alone with Michael Jackson, and he was never convicted of child molestation.

I'm in favor of the lists. And I'm in favor of checking into — even surveillance of — people on those lists.

For more than a decade, my biggest criticism of 9/11 and what we did after (militarily invading Iraq to find al Qaeda) was that we didn't use/listen to our intelligence community. We have one of the biggest, most effective networks in the world and it operates at a fraction of the cost (both in dollars and lives) as the military... but we weren't really interested in using it.

I'm in favor of the lists, but I'm not in favor of denying anyone their rights just for being on them. If there's a reason to withhold their rights, arrest them and give them their day in court.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: GOP cares more about NRA than closing 'terrorist loophole' - Benton - 11-24-2015, 02:00 PM