Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active QB's with a Super Bowl Win
(02-01-2022, 08:35 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'd be pretty surprised to see another QB do what Brady did.  Not just because Brady was amazing at the position, but it's just so hard financially for teams to put together and keep solid teams.  Some of these younger QBs could go on a run, but there are already so many questions about what the Chiefs will look like next year.  It's just hard to keep at the top of the mountain when you're dealing with the cap.  I think the Bengals now have a good 3-4 years ahead of them, but it'll be just as hard for them to maintain as well, and I think they'll be swinging back and forth a bit once these rookie contracts are up.  If everyone is playing well, they're going to want to get paid and eventually it becomes a game of trade-offs.  The QB can certainly elevate the team around them to a point, but it's a tough road to win SBs without the supporting cast. 

Brady will probably have the record for SB wins simply because as the playoffs continue to expand, it's harder and harder to put together a dynasty.  For the vast majority of Brady's career, the top two teams in each conference got a 1st round bye.  The Pats got one of those byes most every year and it's a lot easier to win three straight games with the first one coming after a bye week than four straight with no bye week.  With a weak division like the AFCE, it's relatively easy to ensure a HoF QB/HC combo can get you one of the top two seeds compared to having to get #1.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Active QB's with a Super Bowl Win - Whatever - 02-02-2022, 01:49 AM