Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Two officers killed down the road from me yesterday
(02-02-2022, 09:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm posting this here not because I intend it to be political, but just in case the conversation turns into a political one.

https://www.dnronline.com/news/local/suspect-facing-murder-charges-held-without-bond/article_09dc08c2-8545-523d-a507-a4e09043a5af.html

So, when this occurred I was literally right down the road. I was turning out of a local market after getting lunch onto a main highway when I saw police from my city, which is about 5 miles away, fly past me going to Bridgewater. This, naturally, confused me and I tried to look down the road to see if they were chasing anyone. I saw nothing, so turned north and proceeded home. Then I saw VSP going flying in the same direction. A friend was on the other major highway that connects my city with this town and reported the same thing on our friend group text chain, only she said "This is an active shooter situation. It reminds me too much of when I was a student at VT." Then we heard what was going on.

This is something that hits home in so many ways. Bridgewater is a town I have spent a ton of my life in. It's just down the road from me, both of my maternal great-grandparents graduated from there in the early 1900's, I have friends that both work there and have graduated from there, I've spent a lot of time on that campus as well as the church connected to it (grew up Church of the Brethren and this is a COB college), I have had family both live and work in that town, and I still spend time there as I have Scout units there that I work with on a regular basis. I was just there on Monday evening and from where I was I could have seen everything unfold. This is a small town and a small college and I'm still wrapping my head around all of this. I'm really curious about the motives of the shooter in this situation.

I'm not posting this to make it a conversation about gun issues or school safety or anything. I just wanted to share this because it has hit national news and it is something that hits very, very close to home for me. I didn't know either of the officers that were killed, but I do know a lot of people who did know them. I know people who were at J.J.'s wedding where John was his best man. The ripples in the community from this are just starting to be felt.

These shootings are always a tragedy.  It always hits a little more when it happens in your backyard.

Sound like the shooter might have had some issues too.  So sad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two officers killed down the road from me yesterday - GMDino - 02-02-2022, 10:04 AM