Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dolphins wanted Burrow really, really bad…
Here's the thing about game fixing from my point of view..It's the way it works. It's a business plain and simple, not a charity or do gooder institute. They're all in it to make money. The players don't turn down multi million dollar contracts on principle. They like coming from humble beginnings to sudden riches as much as anyone else and if they win or lose it doesn't really matter as long as they're getting paid. Some try harder for sure and it's not the easiest way to make a buttload of money really fast, but it damned sure beats the alternative of staying poor or having to resort to drug smuggling or murder for hire.. lol
The overwhelming majority of players don't live in the towns they play in and don't really have any real connection to the city other than their paycheck gets signed there..maybe..for all I know they're signed by some schmuck in France.. 
Anyway, it's a business and business doesn't play fair unless they're forced to.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dolphins wanted Burrow really, really bad… - grampahol - 02-02-2022, 02:29 PM