Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Two officers killed down the road from me yesterday
(02-03-2022, 08:05 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have my problems with our current systems, but I have never been one to say the job isn't a dangerous one. I know you know this, but I just have to reiterate it. I also have to point out that anyone that would say that and then look at this incident would have to reexamine their position.

Bridgewater is a town of about 6000. Not tiny, but certainly not the 50,000 of my city. Side note, we have a town down the road with a population of 15. Anyway, Bridgewater has a small Christian college from a peace church, a retirement home and community that is also connected to the peace church, and homes that belong to the people that work at these places as well as some other families here and there. It's a quiet community. The college, one of 1500 students, is not somewhere a retired town police chief would be expecting to face this situation, let alone be killed.

I say this because I have said before in conversations where we were on the same side that you never know how situations will play out. Traffic stops can be killers. And even a college cop gig in a small, religious, farming community can be, too.

I can't believe anyone would say the job isn't dangerous.  As you say anything can happen at any time.  That's not to say there aren't problems with policing and the public but no one should say it isn't a dangerous job.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two officers killed down the road from me yesterday - GMDino - 02-03-2022, 12:16 PM