Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelosi warns U.S. athletes at Olympics not to protest
“I would say to our athletes -- you are there to compete. Do not risk incurring the anger of the Chinese government because they are ruthless,” Pelosi in testimony before the Congressional-Executive Commission on China. “Be safe.”

also..

Pelosi said her support of President Joe Biden’s decision to refuse to send any official delegation to the games, which has been matched by some other countries, showed, “We cannot and will not be silent on human rights in China.”

She also said that the International Olympic Committee, “aided by corporate sponsors,” have turned “a blind eye” to China’s human rights record.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pelosi-warns-u-s-athletes-against-protests-at-beijing-olympics/ar-AATrELj

I'm not a fan Pelosi by any means, but on this particular issue I completely agree. Getting arrested and thrown in a Chinese prison isn't worth it. And the IOC turned a blind eye to China's human rights record because of just not corporate sponsors, but big money from the Chinese themselves.

This might be the first Olympics I won't watch, even Curling. **** China and the IOC.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Pelosi warns U.S. athletes at Olympics not to protest - Millhouse - 02-03-2022, 03:53 PM