Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chris Carter Tells Mike Brown To Do It Right For The Super Bowl
(02-03-2022, 04:20 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I don't really hear much about Mike being cheap unless it's the old references or jokes (because of the old references).  I have to think things are different now and some people just can't let go of the past. 

I just don't think the indoor practice facility is as simple as everyone wants it to be because of all the concerned parties.  I saw that post with Troy's comments and there has to be validity to those beyond it being an issue of "cheap."  For the Bengals to build this, it'll be out of the area.  And it'll move things away financially to some degree.  I think it'd be cool for them to have a nice campus elsewhere with lots of space.  The Broncos' complex is like that, right by the regional airport for the chartered flights out and the facility has everything they need.  Only needing to go the stadium on game days.  But there is certainly revenue generated for a different county than where they play.  I'm sure it's that way for plenty of franchises, but there are impacts.  

At the end of the day, if millionaires can't handle a little cold or rain, it might be time to re-evaluate some life choices.  Optics be damned.  It's an AFC North team that plays in an open stadium.  I'm sure everyone would prefer to be more comfortable, but I just don't see it as the end of the world.  Would it be nice if they had a good indoor facility?  Yes.  Is it practical with the weight / medical facilities at PBS now and recently upgraded?  Maybe.  Does it really matter at the end of the day?  No. 

In the end, the Bengals are the only cold weather team not to have one. Every other team somehow found a way, and worked out the logistics.

We needed UC's facility literally right now...so there's definitely a need. Anytime we play an indoor or warm weather team, we shouldn't be outside in the cold and elements. This really is a pretty simple concept.

This doesn't mean we should bash the FO 24-7 over it, but it's something that should be a focus for the FO. Get it done.

It's not about comfort. It's about practicing in the conditions you'll be playing in. It's also about not looking like a 2nd rate organization. Show your players you care.

With that, I've said my piece. It's Super Bowl week, and this talk never gets anywhere.LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chris Carter Tells Mike Brown To Do It Right For The Super Bowl - Shake n Blake - 02-03-2022, 04:30 PM