Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
There are only like two players left from the Marvin Lewis era...
(02-04-2022, 12:41 AM)tms Wrote: We already know Joe can win games- potentially a Super Bowl- with a bottom five offensive line. Which makes it almost impossible to draw conclusions on what anyone else is doing. If he can win despite the guys standing right in front of him, it stands to reason he can win despite any of the other positions as well. I can't name any player on the 53 who's perceived to be having a "bad year"- is that because they're not, or because Burrow's extraordinary success is giving everyone a shiny paint job? I don't know.

OK I know I said I was done responding but I can't resist on this take.

How is Joe Burrow responsible for Hendrickson getting 14 sacks? For Awuzie being a top rated corner? For Wilson taking a giant leap and becoming a big playmaker? For Chase beating his man constantly or taking a short pass, juking 3 defenders and outrunning everyone to the house? For Mixon being the tank he's always been?

I mean, I get that Joe gives a massive moral boost and makes everyone feel like they're "always in it". That may help their energy/effort level, but it's not making these players beat their man. Joe's Aura isn't going to help them there. They need talent.

A good portion of our players performed at the same level with guys not named Joe Burrow. The overall team W/L performance is just better because we have an elite QB. That can also change some people's PERCEPTION of these players.

In reality though, they're just great players. Even Joe will tell you that. He raves about the talent on this team. Maybe we should take a page out of Joe's book and do the same. This is a great team. Period.

I'm almost starting to feel like if I don't grovel at Joe's feet and credit him with the invention of sliced bread and electricity, it won't be enough for some on here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There are only like two players left from the Marvin Lewis era... - Shake n Blake - 02-04-2022, 12:59 AM