Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When can do away with "no knock" warrants?
(02-04-2022, 12:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: How people have to be killed, who weren't even the target of the warrant, because they had a gun when strangers bust into their homes?

And the officers are only reacting to a heightened situation.  They respond to what they see, a gun pointed in their direction, the same as the innocent man did.  I'd like to believe this can be avoided for the most part.

This is really unfortunate.  I get both sides...it's a homicide warrant so the police are already on alert....dude is crashing on a friends couch and waking up to people screaming so he might not be completely coherent when they come busting in.  The warrant was served at 7am so it's quite possible he'd only been asleep for a couple hours.  

Although it's likely a moot point, I am curious as to why he was sleeping with a gun at a friends place...maybe someone with a concealed license to carry can answer.  Is it common to take your weapon with you when you're traveling/visiting overnight?  (I'm pro 2A, just don't own any)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When can do away with "no knock" warrants? - basballguy - 02-04-2022, 01:03 PM