6 14.63%
75.61%
31 75.61%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this team best Bengal team ever
(02-03-2022, 05:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was just objecting to the following quote:

"If you stuck Kenny Anderson in his prime on this roster, he would probably suck tbh. Nothing against him, he was one of the best of his era, it's just evolution. The rules are different, players are bigger, faster, and stronger now because training and nutrition have evolved too. The way defense is played has adapted to fit the new rules and offensive schemes, too."

I thought you were saying players of previous eras were just less skilled. Plumbers. Mechanics. Typical zoomer take. But maybe I read you wrong, and you were just saying that the game itself was more primitive back then, and Kenny wouldn't be ready for it.

With that I'd agree...and yes, I'm looking at it in the 3rd way. Kenny had the arm/athletic talent and mind to play at a high level in any era, assuming he has all the same benefits modern players have.

I have no clue if he'd be as good as Joe. I just don't think he'd be some scrub. That's all I'm saying.

Exactly.  I'm almost 50 so definitely not a zoomer, btw. 

Kind of like if you took a medieval archer with a bow and arrow and dropped him in a modern war zone against a bunch of guns and grenades, it doesn't matter if he's the best archer in the history of man, he doesn't have the right tools to survive.  OK, this is obviously an extremely far-fetched analogy, but I wasn't knocking Kenny at all.    
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - GAWhoDey - 02-04-2022, 01:44 PM