6 14.63%
75.61%
31 75.61%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this team best Bengal team ever
(02-04-2022, 04:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are getting injured just as much; it's just we have achieved medical advances. For instance Greg Cook (RIP) suffered a torn rotator cuff. If that injury occurred today, diagnosed, and treated properly; he'd had been shutdown after the KC game and been back as good as new last year. Ickey Woods would have been out less than a year with a torn ACL. 

Joe Burrow is no less tough than Greg Cook; he just has the advantage of modern medicine. 

Fair point, and I appreciate you not flaming this guy and just responding with facts.

That said, I don't think it's crazy to say that QBs are protected far more now than in decades past.

Just for example, look at some of the hits Montana took in the 80s and compare it to now. Look at Kenny nearly being decapitated vs the Steelers. Look at how Bledsoe getting his internals rearranged opened the door for Brady.

None of that happens now. There are also rules protecting defenseless receivers, protecting heads, knees, etc. NFL also cracked down on bounties.

I'm not against these rules. Well not against all of them I should say. Just saying there's a nugget of truth in the Curtis is saying.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - Shake n Blake - 02-04-2022, 04:20 PM