Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
There are only like two players left from the Marvin Lewis era...
(02-04-2022, 12:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Elite QBs don't make players better with magical auras or anything like that.  It is all about their play on the field.

Receivers... too obvious to explain.

Running backs....Better passing game forces safeties deep and loosens up running game.  Also teams in the lead run the ball more.

O-line...Obviously a QB who makes quicker reads and gets rid of the ball faster can make an O-line look much better.  But also playing with a lead forces opposing defenders to respect the run instead of just pinning back their ears and rushing the passer

D-line...Playing with the lead allows them to pin back their ears and rush the passer more than respecting the run.

DBs.... Opposing QBs playing from behind have to take more chances and force more bad passes.

QB is by far the single most important position on the team.  Upgrading that position increases a teams ability to win.  And when a team is winning and playing with the lead more often it makes EVERY player look better.

I don't disagree with any of this. It's common sense. That said, it's quite easy to see when you have good/great players on your team, and when you don't. Heck, most of our guys have had great personal success without Burrow.

That's not me saying Burrow doesn't make everyone better.

That's me saying they should be recognized for their own greatness. Trey Hendrickson, DJ Reader, Joe Mixon, Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Jessie Bates, Evan McPherson, etc are good players with or without Burrow.

Would we be where we are without Joey B? Of course not.
Would we be here without this cast around Joey B? Nope.

It's not one dude. He's the MVP. The straw that stirs the drink. But he's not the only reason we're here. If he was, I guess we should've taken Penei to protect him, because he really doesn't need anyone else. Just make sure he's healthy, and It's championships for days, apparently.

(02-04-2022, 12:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A lot don't. That's why you see frustrated QB's demanding trades. See Aaron Rodgers for example.

That's why I said most, Sled. There's a reason why that's such a big storyline with Rodgers. They should listen to his input, yet they don't.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There are only like two players left from the Marvin Lewis era... - Shake n Blake - 02-04-2022, 04:38 PM