6 14.63%
75.61%
31 75.61%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this team best Bengal team ever
(02-04-2022, 04:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair point, and I appreciate you not flaming this guy and just responding with facts.

That said, I don't think it's crazy to say that QBs are protected far more now than in decades past.

Just for example, look at some of the hits Montana took in the 80s and compare it to now. Look at Kenny nearly being decapitated vs the Steelers. Look at how Bledsoe getting his internals rearranged opened the door for Brady.

None of that happens now. There are also rules protecting defenseless receivers, protecting heads, knees, etc. NFL also cracked down on bounties.

I'm not against these rules. Well not against all of them I should say. Just saying there's a nugget of truth in the Curtis is saying.

QBs are definitely protected now, they are where the money is at. They are likely the single most important player out of any sport in the world. However, QBs do still take some big shots. Of course, there are flags now, but there we flags then too. That facemask on Kenny Anderson drew a flag and a fine. There was a facemask similar to it against the Browns, by none other than the Steelers.

[Image: BfQqO30.png]

Just a few years ago, Flacco took a brutal hit that would make anyone queasy. At the end of the day, your point stands true - the game isn't AS dangerous as it once was but it is still plenty dangerous. QBs and players overall are protected more than they were. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - KillerGoose - 02-04-2022, 05:43 PM